Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or related field. Minimum of six (6) years of progressive work experience in office management, administration, procurement and/or facilities management or equivalent including minimum of two (2) years of supervising staff. Outstanding organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fastpaced team environment and the ability to respond rapidly to changing environments. Strong planning skills. Good administrative, record keeping and filing systems skills. Excellent critical thinking skills and sound judgment. Proven willingness to make timely and sound decisions based on accurate judgment. Excellent oral communications skills. Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner. Demonstrated ability to organize and lead the work of others in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures. Strong mentoring and teambuilding skills. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Accuracy, attention to detail. Ability and willingness to travel. Professional proficiency in French and English required
A. OFFICE OPERATIONS AND LOGISTICS
1. Development and implement administrative workflows, procedures, and standard quality controls. Implement
office support procedures and recommend changes as required.
2. Maintain office management systems including office lease, utility and service contracts, and other relevant
contracts. Conduct field visits to ensure compliance and accountability of program resources.
3. Provide logistical support for events, conferences, and workshops including arranging refreshments and venues
and maintaining meeting calendar. Manage travel and accommodations for staff and consultants.
4. Oversee vehicle maintenance, vehicle/travel calendar, and vehicle insurance. Ensure the proper management of
fuel accounts and conduct spot checks. Analyze fuel consumption. Introduce internal controls as needed.
5. Ensure that the procurement process is systematic, transparent, and compliant. Work with the Accountant to
ensure that procurements, contracts, and purchase orders are reasonable, allowable, and allocable. Ensure
timely processing of purchase requests.
6. Establish effective inventory system. Maintain equipment and furniture inventory list, including location of all
assets. Regularly physically verify existence of all inventories.
7. Ensure incidents involving staff and/or property are reported. Provide Program Manager with comprehensive
understanding of ASI’s liability and recommend actions to be taken to limit risk to the project and organization.
8. Ensure adequate stock of office supplies. Oversee maintenance of office equipment such as photocopiers and
scanners and ensure repairs are made in a timely fashion.
9. Oversee the cleaning, maintenance, and repair of all facilities including electricity supply, water and plumbing.
B. ADMINISTRATION AND SUPERVISION
10. Supervise Accountant, Drivers, Grants/Procurement Officer and Office Assistant
11. Orient, guide, and advise staff.
12. Ensure adherence to Standards of Conduct, Employee Policy Manual, and other corporate and applicable
policies, procedures, and schedules.
13. Make recommendations concerning employment, termination, performance appraisals, salary actions, and other
14. Resolve routine operating problems as they arise.
15. Represent ASI and participate at meetings with relevant government, donor, NGO and other agencies and
personnel to promote ASI programs, facilitate successful coordination of activities, and ensure transparency.
16. Undertake all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.