Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Manage the maintenance of all process plant and equipment and infrastructure.
• Carry out structured routine safety inspections in cooperation with maintenance coordinators.
• Prepare and control cost budgets for maintenance teams
• Develop continuous improvement strategies and communicate and apply accordingly
• Identify opportunities for continuous improving of maintenance processes and systems
• Cooperate with the maintenance planners regarding input schedules and accurate information
• Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner
• Ensure the development and maintenance of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function
• Actively promote, monitor and enforce compliance of personnel with safe work practices..
• Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
• Ensure training and coaching is provided to all employees, with specific attention to National and Local employees as part of the Company’s Training and Localisation Plan
• Assist the Process Manager to develop the annual Processing Plan and Budget based on the Life of mine Plan.
• Develop and manage systems to enable the achievement of the LMC targets. Where site-wide or corporate systems exist, implement these to suit the objectives and needs of LMC operations
• Identify specific areas for cost improvement and ensure the development and implementation of action plans to achieve these gains
• Deliver reports to the Department Manager on agreed performance indicators and to agreed standards and schedule